Sønderjyllands Symfoniorkester / South Denmark Philharmonic
AUDITION – CONCERT MASTER
The audition will take place on Thursday, August 19th, 2021 and Friday, August 20th, 2021 starting at 10 a.m.
Employment from mid October 2021, or by arrangement with the winning candidates.
Alsion Concert Hall
Alsion 2, 6400 Sønderborg
The orchestral excerpts can be downloaded here
The orchestra will provide a pianist during the audition August 19th, 2021
The audition repertoire:
1st movement (with cadenza) + 2nd movement (without cadenza) from one of the following concertos
- Mozart: Violin concerto no. 3, 4 or 5
Choose one of the violin concertos from the list below. The first movement with cadenza + 2nd movement
- Beethoven, Brahms, Nielsen, Sibelius or Tchaikowski
Also to be played in the round 2:
- Strauss: Don Juan (excerpt)
- Bach: Sonata No. 1, in g minor BWV 1001, Siciliana
- Brahms: Symphony no. 1, 2nd movement (excerpt)
- Mendelssohn: String Octet, E-flat major, Op. 20, 1st movement
- Rimski-Korsakov: Sheherazade, solos
- Tchaikowski: ”Swan Lake” solo (excerpt)
- Beethoven: “Missa Solemnis” Violin Solo (Excerpt)
- Bach: One of the Brandenburg concertos (excerpt). This will be sent to the applicant 2 weeks before the audition.
The salary package is paid according to the agreement between the Danish Regional Orchestras and the Danish Musicians’ Union (DMF), is commensurate with professional orchestral experience.
Application forms are available by e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org or by direct download here
Applicants with non-EU citizenship are responsible for obtaining valid residence and work permits by the time of employment in Denmark.
The completed application should be sent to email@example.com no later than Friday, August 6th, 2021, 12.00 p.m.
For questions regarding the audition please contact the producer for The South Denmark Philharmonic at +45 79 30 11 51 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE ORCHESTRA
Sønderjyllands Symfoniorkester (SSO) / South Denmark Philharmonic is a symphony orchestra of 65 members based in Sønderborg, Denmark. It serves as the State orchestra for Denmark’s South Jutland region and Southern Schleswig in Germany. The orchestra plays around 155 concerts per year – Classical symphonic music, chamber music, school concerts and opera.